Thursday, April 9, 2009

No sew tutu

Recently I saw some tutorials for a no-sew tutu and knew I had to make one for my daughter. There are a variety of tutorials out there but I really liked this one from http://littlewindowshoppe.com/create-a-princess-tutu, mainly because it showed how to tie the knot that I decided to do. In the other tutorials they do a square knot. Another great tutorial is from http://plumtickled.typepad.com/plumtickled/2007/08/tutu-tutorial-t.html. This one goes into a little more detail with the instructions, measurements and what to buy. This is very easy to make and makes a great gift.

This first one I made for my daughter's friend who just had a birthday













This next one I made for my daughters birthday. It is sort of hard to tell but it is brown and pink. It looks a little more messy than the other one because I have had the fabric for a long time and it became a little wrinkled.








1 comment:

Angela said...

CUTE! What a lucky little girl you have! The wonderful thing about tutus is that they are cheap enough to make as the kids grow up.