Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chili Relleno



For Valentines day this year I made my husband Chili Relleno and fried rice. He LOVES anything spicy and always loves eating this at restuarants. So, I thought I would give it a try and they were easier than expected and tasted great! Next time I would like to find a recipe with sauce that covers the chili and I am going to use a white cheese instead of cheddar.


Ingredients
12 Anaheim chile peppers, charred and peeled
1 pound Cheddar cheese, cut into strips
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating

Directions
1.Remove seeds and membranes from peppers. Stuff each pepper with a strip of cheese.
2.In a small bowl combine milk, the 1 cup flour, egg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and canola oil; mix well to make a batter.
3.Pour enough oil in heavy frying pan to reach 1 inch in depth and heat over medium-high heat. Roll each pepper in the remaining flour and dip in the batter. Fry until lightly browned on both sides.

2 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

Yum! Thanks for the new recipe Jennie! We ADORE mexican food at our house. Can't wait to make this!

The Leonards said...

My husband LOVED this recipe. I must admit I didn't even try it. I love mexican food but I am not a fan of peppers. I have a lot more recipes on my personal family blog, if you want I can add you:)